On Saturday the Beachboys welcomed Dorking Wanderers to the Aspect Arena for their 18th Vanarama National League South match of the season. Following last weeks loss to Bath City the team would’ve been eager to improve and get a better result from this game.

Concord lined up with Chris Haigh, Tosin Olufemi, Tom Clifford, Billy Roast, Aron Pollock, Jack Cawley, Danny Green, Kreshnic Krasniqi, Decarrey Sheriff, Scott High and Joel Nouble.

The substitutes involved Lamar Reynolds, James Blanchfield, Kit Elliot, Marcel Barrington and Archie McFadden.

The first chance for the Beachboys came in the 12th minute as Krasniqi’s cross in from the left was met by Nouble who headed the ball into the hands of Dorking’s goalkeeper. It didn’t take long for Concord to find another opportunity as in the 17th minute they were awarded a penalty following a handball. Danny Green was the man to step up to the spot and he confidently blasted the ball into the bottom right of the goal whilst sending the goalkeeper the other way.

Concord were only in the lead for 6 minutes however, as following a Dorking free kick the ball was crossed into the penalty area and was met by Barham who headed the ball past Haigh and into the top left corner of the goal.

Only 2 minutes later Dorking took the lead after the ball found McShane in the box before he sent it into the bottom left of the goal.

The action didn’t slow there as both teams had chances in the latter stages of the first half, Sheriff met the ball along the left wing but his cross was intercepted by the keeper. Shortly after, Danny Green’s corner was met by Jack Cawley whose header narrowly went over the crossbar. Dorking also had chances, the best of them came from Prior whose low shot was driven left of the goal.

Dorking appeared to dominate the beginning of the second half, and came close to extending their lead as Barham volleyed the ball over the crossbar from around 6 yards out. They then took another opportunity that came to them in the 50th minute as Richards tapped the ball in from close range following a low cross in from the right to put Dorking 1-3 up.

Concord really raised their game following the goal and continued to create goal-scoring opportunities, one chance came as Olufemi found the ball in the penalty area, but his shot was fired over the bar. The high intensity of the game meant that the ball was constantly moving end to end with both teams making chances. Dorking almost got another after a free kick on the halfway line caught out the beachboys’ defence, but Sole’s shot was hit well wide.

The Beachboys got themselves back in the game in the 75th minute as Kit Elliot won free kick on the edge of the penalty area, Jack Cawley was the man to step up and his stunning shot bounced down off of the crossbar and across the goal line.

Concord continued to dominate the latter stages of the second half, and in the 90th minute Nouble was taken down in the box and awarded a penalty. The man himself stepped up to the spot and his shot was calmly placed into the bottom left corner of the goal.

The 2 late goals from Cawley and Nouble, and a fantastic display of determination from the whole team meant that the Beachboys were able to take advantage of a loss of energy for Dorking, and come back from 2 goals behind to level the game and win a point. They will be looking to carry this through to next Saturday’s match against Slough Town in the FA Trophy.

Final Score: Concord Rangers 3-3 Dorking Wanderers

Match report by Millie Hawkins