A frustrating game for both Concord Rangers and St Albans City culminated in a 0-0 draw in the second qualifying round of the FA Cup.

The beachboys got off to a flying start, with Lamar Reynolds finding opportunities for himself within the opening minutes. The striker managed to put the ball in the back of the net following an excellent cross from Joe Payne in the eighth minute, however the goal was disallowed for offside.

The following 20 minutes were relatively quiet, with neither team looking too dangerous in front of goal. An opportunity came for the beachboys at the half-hour mark as Aron Pollock sent a fantastic ball through to Reynolds, who ran wide before attempting to lay it off to Danny Green in front of goal, but the ball was cleared by the defence.

Joe Payne almost put the home side ahead only a few minutes later after his superb shot from outside of the penalty area skimmed the top of the crossbar.

Half Time: Concord Rangers 0-0 St Albans City

Both sides looked much more lively in the opening stages of the second half, with both coming close to scoring. Zane Banton came close to putting the saints ahead, but his effort was saved by Ciaran Gordon-Stern. The beachboys instantly responded as Reynolds was then later sent through on goal during an attack.

With 30 minutes to go, Temi Babalola came on to replace an injured James Blanchfield and instantly made his presence known as he drove into the penalty area within seconds of entering the pitch.

St Albans began to create more towards the latter stages of the game, with both Johnny Goddard and Alex Lankshear coming close. Gordon-Stern was forced into some great saves to keep the saints at bay.

The beachboys won a penalty with five minutes to go after Wyan Reid was taken down in the box, but Babalola’s low driven effort was saved by Michael Johnson.

Full Time: Concord Rangers 0-0 St Albans City

The draw means that the beachboys will now travel to Clarence Park on Tuesday to take on the saints once again in a replay, where both teams will still be fighting for their place in the next round of the competition.