A beautiful Danny Green curler helped secure the Beach Boys’ place in the Emirates FA Cup First Round Proper for the first time since 2014, writes Euan Rourke.
Temi Babalola opened the scoring five minutes from half-time as a result of some fantastic counter attacking football from the hosts. Pollock travelled from inside his own half to poke the ball through to Lamar Reynolds, who then squared it for Babalola to open the scoring.
However, Chippenham equalised 25 minutes into the second half when Ross Stearn slotted his edge of the box shot past Chris Haigh to put the game back on level terms.
In the dying minutes, Jason Raad dragged the ball back for Pollock, who took a touch, knocking it perfectly into the path of Green. Hitting the ball first time, the midfielder unleashed a beautifully placed shot that went curling into the bottom corner flawlessly.
Concord Rangers XI Chippenham Town XI
- Chris Haigh 1. Will Puddy
- Tosan Popo 2. Eddie Jones
- Tom Hanfrey 3. Noah Smerdon
- Aron Pollock 4. Jordan Dyer
- Ryan Scott 5. Keiran Parselle
- Tyrone Sterling 6. Luke Russe
- Lamar Reynolds 7. Adam Mann
- Billy Roast 8. Joe Hanks
- Temi Babalola x1 (78’ Alex Wall) 9. Chris Zebroski
- James Blanchfield (25’ Jason Raad) 10. Brad Ash
- Sam Blackman (90+3’ Danny Green x1) 11. Ross Stearn x1