A game Concord are unlucky not to come out of with three points, multiple penalty calls and chances for both teams resulting in an exciting 2-2 draw at the aspect arena.

In the opening 10 minutes Eastbourne Borough had the best chances especially when there captain Charlie Walker bared down at goal but Adam Przybek got both hands on the ball, despite this Frazer Shaw dribbled towards the Eastbourne goal and got brought down 25 yards from goal, this gave Alex Wall the chance to show his shot power and that’s exactly what he done, he curled the ball into the bottom left from the free kick, an unstoppable shot, 1-0.

Just before the 20th minute Eastbourne Borough threatened again when Charlie Walker who played a great game released the ball to number nine Greg Luer who shot the ball into the side netting.

In the 25th there was a great sense of confusion when fans and players thought Adam Pryzbek handled the ball outside the box, luckily to the Concord Rangers keeper the linesman offside flag went up.

In the 37th minute Ipswich loanee produced a great save from the strong shot from Charlie Walker, palming the ball round the post.

Right before the halftime whistle saw Concord Rangers score once again, A shot from Alex Wall is saved by Franco Ravizzoli but the ball scrambled past the keeper and finds the feet of Lewis Simper who puts the ball into an open net, a great display in the first half from the Beach Boys.

Going into the second half there was about three penalty shouts for Concord Rangers, but not one penalty was rewarded.

In the 53rd ex Leyton Orient winger Dean Cox dribbles about with the ball and releases a low cross into Chris Whelpdale but his shot is saved at point blank range by Adam Przybek.

After quite a bit of pressure from Eastbourne Borough their deadlock is finally opened in the 64th when Joel Rollison who seemed to change the game for Eastbourne, drives forward, saw his low driven shot saved by Adam Przybek but Charlie Lambert was there to turn in the rebound, 2-1.

Two minutes after Concord lost their lead when Dean Cox lifted a perfect ball from the corner and Chris Whelpdale heads it in, Adam Przybek did go to claim the ball but unfortunately, he missed it.

Then Concord seemed like they just bagged the winning goal in the 83rd minute after Ryan Charles threw his body at the ball and produced a downwards header, but unfortunately for the Concord striker the ball was headed off the line, agonisingly close to being 3-2, but the game did end 2-2 in the end, a good comeback from Eastbourne, and salt in the wounds for Concord Rangers after throwing away a 2-0 lead.

Report written by Joseph Bond, Photo credit: Paul Raffety Photography